Entries for our 2019 competition are now open!
The competition is one of the biggest attractions at our event and nearly everyone who visits votes for their favourite. The award ceremony for the competition comes at the end of our event on Sunday and makes for an exciting climax to the show. I hope that if you entered you will be able to be part of it. If you can’t be there – don’t worry we’ll be in touch on Friday 12th to let you know if you are a winner!
Entries must be submitted by 31st January 2019.
You can post your quilt or embroidery entry to TPL Exhibitions, Units 8-12 Willow End Park, Blackmore Park Road, Malvern, WORCS, WR13 6NN or you can deliver it by hand to Uttoxeter Racecourse. Your entry must be received by Tuesday 9th April 2019.
If you are unable to enter on line then e-mail Nikki Reeves, Show Manager email@example.com to receive a paper form.
It’s now even easier to enter online!
Simply follow the beneath link to fill in the form & add it to your basket with your tickets! Then, follow the checkout process to complete your entry.
Closing date 31st January 2019.
1. Traditional – Using a traditional design or pattern and any combination of piecing, appliqué and quilting. Any size up to a maximum size of 90”; hand or machine quilted. (Including Bed Quilts and Wall hanging).
2. Contemporary – Art based Quilts with an original approach. Any combination of materials and embellishments permissible. Machine or hand quilted. At least 24” in one direction and up to the maximum size.
3. Modern – For quilts with a clean, modern design that provide a feeling of space, often achieved by the use of negative space and with strong visual impact At least 24” in one direction and up to the maximum size.
4. Special Theme – The World About Us -Open to an individual or group of young embroiders up to the age of 16 at the time of entry. Any combination of materials and embellishments permissible. Machine or hand quilted. At least 24” in one direction and up to the maximum size.
5. Miniature – Maximum size of 30cm on the longest side. Any techniques permissible. The miniature should look like a full size quilt but scaled down.
6. Three Dimensional – Category to include bags, soft sculpture, clothing etc and which can be displayed on a hangar or free-standing on a table.
7. Group Quilt Entry – made by 2 or more quilters. Special theme entries welcomed but not compulsory. Let your imagination run away with you. At least 24” in one direction and up to the maximum size.
8. Young Quilters – Any style of Quilt no minimum size and up to the maximum of 90”. Special theme entries welcomed but not compulsory. Open to an individual or group of young quilters up to the age of 16 at the time of entry.
1. Traditional Embroidery – To showcase hand embroidery techniques with traditional use of materials, design and stitch.
2. Contemporary Embroidery – To showcase non-traditional techniques and materials demonstrating an original approach with strong design and good use of colour to include hand or machine work or both.
3. Three-Dimensional – To showcase free standing creations to include fashion and imaginative embellishment using any techniques and materials.
4. Special Theme – The World About Us – To showcase your imaginative creation using any techniques and materials.
5. Young Embroiderers – Open to an individual or group of young embroiders up to the age of 16 at the time of entry. Interpretations on the special theme are welcomed but not compulsory. Imaginative use of techniques, design and materials will impress.
1. The competition is open to all UK and international quilters and embroiderers, including two-person and group entries.
2. The maximum size for an entry into any of the categories is 90” square. Larger pieces may be accepted by prior arrangement.
• All quilt entries must consist of at least three layers.
• All quilts (apart from three dimensional pieces) must have a minimum of a 3” sleeve.
• All embroidery entries must contain some embroidery.
• All embroideries (apart from three dimensional pieces) must have mirror plates or a hanging sleeve with the appropriate sized baton/pole and fixings attached to the back to facilitate hanging.
3. An Entry form must be completed for each entry. Your entry form(s) must reach TPL Exhibitions by 31st January 2019 together with the non-refundable competition entry fee of £5 per entry. If you wish TPL Exhibitions to post your entry back to you, the additional cost of postage and repackaging is £10 for an entry of up to 60” in any direction or £15 for an entry over 60” in any direction.
• You can complete your Entry Form and payment online.
• Or if you’d like to enter using another payment method, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. A label for submitting your entry, together with instructions for posting or delivery, will be sent to you in March 2019.
• Please ensure that your entry is suitably packaged and labelled to withstand return posting or delivery.
• Ensure that ALL of your packaging is labelled so that it can be identified for repackaging.
• You can post your quilt or embroidery entry to TPL Exhibitions, Units 8-12 Willow End Park, Blackmore Park Road, Malvern, WORCS, WR13 6NN or you can deliver it by hand to Uttoxeter Racecourse.
Entries must be received by Tuesday 9th April 2019. Please state your delivery method at time of entry.
• You can collect your entry from the Show after it closes on Sunday 14th April at 4.30pm onwards, or we can post your entry back to you. Please state your return preference on the Entry Form.
• If you or your agent wish to collect your entry from the Show after it closes on Sunday 14th April, you will need to provide your Collection Authorisation letter (which we will send you with your quilt label).
5. TPL Exhibitions can advertise your piece of work for sale in the Show Programme, with any sales agreed during the exhibition including a 10% commission fee payable to TPL Exhibitions.
6. Every care is taken to protect your creation from theft, damage and fire but for full insurance cover please ensure that your insurance policy covers your work out of your home. No insurance responsibility will be accepted whilst your entry is in transit to TPL Exhibitions. On receipt of your entry it will be opened and checked by the Show Manager, Nikki Reeves.
7. TPL Exhibitions’ and the Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence can be entered into.
8. TPL Exhibitions reserve the right not to hang entries due to space constraints or other limitations. Entries not meeting the requirements specified in these guidelines may not be hung.
9. TPL Exhibitions reserve the right to use photographs of competition entries in any publicity material or media. Entry into the competition confirms your acceptance of this.
10. Please address any queries regarding these guidelines to email@example.com.